Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Ladders

When Nana and Papa were visiting with us a few weeks ago we went to Turkey Run. It was muddy and Josiah was in heaven jumping from puddle to puddle. I don't think he was in Jo world most of the day...it was very unusual. Come to think of it he was often running ahead of us rather than straggling behind. The girls love the ladder trails, but being Memorial Day it was like waiting in line at an amusement park to go down them. But we waited and waited. Josiah was able to walk around the first ladder, but then we got to the second one and they only way down was by ladder. Papa went down first and Josiah stood at the top gripping the side rails in sheer terror and yelled, "I'm freaking out! I'm really freaking out!" Jim and the girls were already down the trail a ways and said they could here it echoing down the creek bed! So we backed up and tried to find another way down, only to find out we had to go down or all the way back. So once again we waited in line and while we waited Josiah kept saying, "I'm gonna freak out, I'm gonna freak out." So I did what any good mom would do, I promised him a frosty if he would go down. Once again he got to the top and I said, "go down without freaking out and I'll get you a frosty." Down he went and at the bottom he turned to Papa and said, "that was easy!"

No comments: