Thursday, September 10, 2009

Cash For Gold

About two months ago Abbey bought two necklaces from a garage sale for one dollar each. From the day she bought them she begged me to take her to cash for gold, she was sure that they were worth a fortune. I kept putting her off, telling her there's no way she would get any money for them. But, the comercials kept playing and she kept begging me to take her. So, finally, I gave in and took her. She went in and proudly handed them over to the man at the counter and I stood behind her smirking waiting for her hopes to be dashed. Then the man looked at the first necklace and to my surprise he put it on the scale. He said, "sweetheart this one is worth $40!" Then he looked at the next one and he put it on the scale as well. The second one was worth $50! She turned to me and said "I told you Mom!" Then the man told her that some people make up to $500 a week just going to garage sales looking for gold and he gave her a jewlers magnifier and showed her what to look for when at garage sales. Needless to say she asks me every weekend to garage sale!

Then yesterday I went with Emma on a fieldtrip to the children's museum to see the King Tut exhibit. It was very cool. She was especially impressed with a big gold mask from King Tut's treasures. She turned to me and said, "Wow, Mom I could get a lot of money for that at cash for gold!"


Emma and her Friend in the Egypt exhibit at the Children's museum.

2 comments:

Christy said...

THAT is AWESOME! Way to finally give in. I think our kids are our biggest teachers sometimes. Abbey, you don't know me (your Mom and I are friends and went to School together) but way to be persistent and not give up.

Anonymous said...

My mom saw King Tut in his own tomb.
Emma