Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Good Job Mom!
Okay, most of my faithful readers (except the occasional male) know that the job of Mom and homemaker is almost always a thankless job. We clean the dishes, do the laundry, vacuum, scrub the toilets and rarely hear "that is the cleanest toilet I have ever seen!" Today my accomplishment was cleaning out and organizing the pantry. The kids ran in from school and everyone got a snack out of the pantry. The first two didn't say a thing, I really didn't expect them to say anything. Lauren was the last one and she just stood there in front of the pantry and stared. She said, "Mom, you cleaned the pantry." I'm thinking, "Wow, she noticed. It must have been messier than I realized." Then she said, "Mommy, you did a really good job, thank you for your work." One of those times when it really feels worth it all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So the Mom is supposed to clean the dishes, do the laundry, vacuum, and scrub the toilets!! Who Knew :-)
Awesome!
Don't feel bad I spend over 40 hours a week scrubbing toilets, and I don't think that I've ever heard "good job"
Post a Comment