Many of you know I have had foot pain for the past two months due to wearing heels for two full days at WER. Finally, I had enough of wearing sneakers and was really missing my cute shoes so I went to the doctor. She basically said, wear sneakers and ugly shoes with big toe boxes (not her exact words, but close.) She also recommended getting some good orthodic inserts and mentioned the Good Feet store. So off I went this weekend, thinking maybe I just might be back in my cute shoes for church on Sunday with a little help from the Good Feet Store.
Now I knew I would have to pay a little bit for orthodics and was prepared to spend $50 even $100 for a little comfort (and cute shoes). So I sat down with the Good Feet lady and told her my woes. She was very sympathetic and had just the solution. She helped me try several different orthodics and we finally settled on the perfect pair. Actually a set of three, for different shoes and occasions, one for my everyday shoes, one for exercising and one to wear around the house. Then came the moment of truth she brought out her pad and paper and said, now for these three orthodics your total will be.....$550!!!!! So I got out of there as fast as I could...using some lame excuse like I need to talk to my husband about this first. And off I went to Wal-mart to find some more reasonable shoe inserts.
So I'm standing in the foot care aisle when a lady standing next to me says, "so you've got foot pain too?" I said, "Yes the ball of my foot has been killing me for about two months." She said, "me too. I just drove all the way over to the Northeast side of Indy to the Good Feet Store and they told me it would be $550 dollars!" Then it clicked...we had seen each other just an hour before. So funny!! And by the way...my Wal-Mart orthodics totaled $7. 59!
2 comments:
That IS too funny. I'd of high tailed it out of there too.
FUNNY!!!!
I wore heels the first day of the SBC in Indy and had HUGE blisters. I ended up at the mall buying Payless shoes and making friends with the sales lady there. She felt my pain.
The next day while we at our pastor's wives luncheon I had on "not so cute" shoes and looked over at the pastor's wife from Florida with her cute heels. I warned her, but she said that she would rather be in pain than wear ugly shoes. NOT ME!!! I learned my lesson and I'm all about comfort after this summer.
Post a Comment