Our Easter started with dying eggs and having our traditional egg wars. It was a tradition we had in the Macy house as kids and we do it in our now as well. We dyed our eggs and they were beautiful and then not even five minutes later all of our eggs were cracked. The idea is that you believe your egg is the strongest egg so you challenge other egg holders to a dual. One person holds their egg still and the other hits it with their egg. Whoevers egg does not crack wins the dual and gets to keep the other persons egg. Whoever has the most eggs at the end wins...sounds vicious...well I guess it is.
Next on the weekend docket was the Church Easter egg hunt. It was a ton of fun! Face painting, lots and lots of eggs, prizes, games and did I say fun. God multiplied like the loaves and fishes because we had twice as many kids at the event than we have had in past years!
Today began with a sonrise service at 7 am, Easter play at 8 am, breakfast fellowship at 9am and easter play again at 10:30! Whew! Were we all tired...we crashed on the couches this afternoon, I think we all fell asleep at one time or another!
Here are the kids in their Easter outfits! Much better than the crazy dresses they picked out last year...I'm sure some of you remember those! Even Josiah got in on the action this year...notice the vest and tie!
3 comments:
Looks like a whole lot of fun. What a handsome bunch.
All the kids look great but Lauren looks beautiful! I love her doll. I was brushing Gabrielle's hair today and she said, "Will you fix my hair like you fixed Emma's?" Remember when ya'll were here and I was playing with her hair? She wanted me to braid it like that. I can't belive she remembered. Miss ya'll. The Easter Egg hunt looked MAD!
-Dacia
Dacia, that was Abbey.
Post a Comment