
It was a beautiful day for the state fair. It did not get above 80 degrees and believe it or not there was no humidity! We could not have asked for a more beautiful day. We started out in the Riley Fun Park. This is by far our favorite area of the state fair. The girls always look forward to their free hats from the Little Hands on the Farm. I don't think Josiah remembered it though. It all began with the apples.

He took a big old bite of one...."Mom these aren't real. Why did they put these here?"
But it didn't end there. The eggs weren't real, the veggies weren't real, and then the cow wasn't even real...but the utters really worked...so it was all okay!

The Peru, Indiana circus was at the fair as well, they had monkeys that jumped and dogs that danced and a little girl with hula hoops. But we all agreed that what made the entire fair worth it was the Siberian Tiger exhibit. They were absolutely breath taking. They had four different varieties, it was so neat to see them so close up. If you go this year DO NOT miss the tigers!
After the tigers we went and saw the pigs, horses, cows, donkeys and mules. Jim couldn't resist this photo shot!

And Diane I want you to know that we saw several animals for sale. Here is one that I think you need to add to your collection...isn't he cute! He even poops outside (That is your only requirement for new pets correct?) Anyway I gave the owner your number!

The day ended with one ride a piece and Abbey spending some of here Birthday money on a steal your money game. Of course I told her what a waste of money they are and how she would leave with nothing...but she just had to try. Every girl needs a giant Sponge Bob or Pink Panther. She asked Jim to shoot some baskets for her. He missed the first three so he just had to try again...$10 later...and no winner....bummer! Secretly I am okay with it. What would we have done with a giant pink panther? I know! Awana store!

2 comments:
I went to the Indiana State Fair Grounds as a field trip for School. I Did that too. Well after the fair. But we saw horses racing!!
I said poop outside...not land mines!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment