Some of you know that I grew up on the Macy Pumpkin Farm. I have great memories of those many, many years of harvesting pumpkins. So taking my kids to the pumpkin farm has extra special meaning to me and is one of my favorite family outings of the year! This year we went to Anderson's orchard. It was packed with people, but we each found our own perfect pumpkin, they have yummy apple cider slushies too.
However, if you had ever visited the Macy Pumpkin farm you would have been very disappointed at Anderson's. The Macy Pumpkin farm had several attractions that made it something worth looking forward to each year. We were an annual tradition for many families all over Northern Colorado. Each year my Mom and Dad created a new pumpkin/gourd sculpture. We had a pumpinsourus, a pumkin ostritch and my very favorite Arnold Pumpkinegger (a giant pumkin man with pumpkin sized muscles!) I know you all are wishing Jim and I would open our own little pumpkin patch right about now!
1 comment:
If only....if only I had the chance to visit the Macy Pumpkin Farm, then I could have rode the wooden crate behind the orange pick-up too! :)
Post a Comment