Friday, December 12, 2008
Another Reason I Hate Barbie (and Bratz)
I know two posts in one day...crazy. But this article popped up on my msn news screen and I had to comment on it (click on article to read). It talks about how Barbie released a new doll in October...donning black leather, extra dark makeup and fish nets. The Bratz had already gone this direction and has outsold Barbie by the boatloads so I suppose Barbie manfacturers had to do something. Homemaker Barbie? No, they couldn't encourage our young girls to remain pure and aim for the goal of motherhood and morality. Instead they decided to try sl*t Barbie. It angers me to no end that doll manufacturers are able to market these dolls to children, but what makes me more angry is that parents actually buy them! What are these parents thinking. Kids learn from what they see, they learn from what their parents teach them. I have heard parents say 'it is just a doll', but those same parents may turn around in 8 or 9 years and find their little girls dressed...hmmm as.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
A-men sister. Preach it!
Amen Becky who said Amen sister. Preach it! I agree whole heartedly. Hadn't seen the new Barbie idea as of yet. Scary!
So much for Jim's gift, Glad I still have the receipt...
Well......it's not just a doll and it's not just an outfit.....it's garbage that unfortunately some parents are allowing in their homes. Our children are being programmed by the world to have the "Nike" mind set...."just do it!!" If we're a Christian we CAN'T just do it. God called us to make good choices based on His Word and not the world's standards. You just keep making posts like that!! Good for you!!
Post a Comment