Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Building a Cathedral

I am reading a book called The Parent Adventure. Today there was an interesting thought. Lifeway research has found that a small percentage of parents get their parenting advice from church, books, or even friends. Most parents parent based on the way they were parented by their own parents. The writer talked about how parenting can be compared to building a building. One person who is building might say, "I am laying a brick." Another might say, "I am building a wall." Another might say, "I am building a cathedral." She said what many parents don't consider is that not only are you parenting your children, but in a way you are playing a role in parenting their children and their children after them. It made me realized once again the awesome responsibility that is entrusted to us as parents!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen to that! There are days when I feel soooo lost. It is an AWESOME responsibility and I feel the load sometimes. It's just good to have the Savior to turn to for guidance, comfort, and ideas. He knows our children best of all so He'd be the most logical choice for advice giving, right?!