
Emma just got her spacers in for her braces and ALREADY the orthodontist has told her that she is not allowed to chew gum, eat popcorn, or eat any chewy food or candy. You can't completely understand what this means in the Bohrer house. We eat popcorn at least 4 times a week and gum is a daily treat! Emma is soooooooooo sad and wants to know if anyone else has ever had to endure this torture!! If so she wants your advice on good substitutes for gum and popcorn. Please....help the girl out!
6 comments:
Suckers?... ummm...gee... Ummm Well, maybe I am not the best to ask because I never had braces. But let us know because I know a few Archers who are going to need to know soon.
They have popcorn that is more like a cheeto consistency that is good. It comes in regular and cheese flavor. Very soft and easy on the teeth. Hang in there Emma!
I know it's hard, I had braces. But you will be so happy with your teeth when it is all over. Try the puffcorn Becky's talking about. As far as the gum.... Hang in there!
Hey Emma!
I didn't have braces, but hang in there! It will be so worth it. I know you can do it! :)
Like Becky said, they do have something "like" popcorn without all the kernels and such. It is a lighter, fluffier consistency and is pretty tasty. There is also one called Pirate Booty that I have found in stores that have a decent health food section. No substitute for gum...sorry.
I am with you Emma. I had braces for 4 years and a retainer for over a year. My orthodontist let me chew dentyne. You might ask. I think it was becasue it was sugar free. You will love your smile when it is all over.
Post a Comment