We took Nana to the airport tonight. Now I know that she is going to miss us, but honestly she had it pretty rough while she was here. I need to begin by saying I really am not normally such a bad housekeeper, however, everything had gone to pot (does anyone know where that saying comes from?) right before I left and I was unable to catch up before I went to camp. I thought I would share a few of her trials with you.
She began by cleaning our van...her comment to Heidi was "We cleaned the van today...it took ALL day..." Now I'm not sure it really took ALL day, but probably close.
The next challenge was.....the dreaded basement. Some of you probably remember Josiah's birthday party where we decorated the very large cardboard house in the basement. Well, when Mom arrived it was still there, along with every board game and toy the kids own strewn across the basement. She had to get the basement clean so that the electrician could get to the far corner of the room to run a few wires. She said she had to quickly shovel everything to one side of the room so the man could do his job.
Now for the killer...Before I left I had noticed a few gnats flying around the house and had not found the source. I had some fruit on the counter and figured that had something to do with it. Well, Nana decided to help me out by making sure the kids backpacks were ready for school. She opened Abbey's backpack and out came a swarm of gnats! Abbey had left a banana in her backpack and it had been in there since school let out....in MAY!!! Nana quickly shut the backpack and ran outside, opened it and out came the rest of the swarm. GROOOSSSSS! Now I probably would have tossed the backpack, but Mom cleaned it out. As Abbey would say "She Rocks!"
Now all that happened before I got home. After I got home she helped all the kids clean their rooms. We had an embarrassingly large amount of trash on the sidewalk this morning.
Thanks so much Mom! I love you and miss you already. (By the way, Lauren did finally get her room cleaned up again!)
She began by cleaning our van...her comment to Heidi was "We cleaned the van today...it took ALL day..." Now I'm not sure it really took ALL day, but probably close.
The next challenge was.....the dreaded basement. Some of you probably remember Josiah's birthday party where we decorated the very large cardboard house in the basement. Well, when Mom arrived it was still there, along with every board game and toy the kids own strewn across the basement. She had to get the basement clean so that the electrician could get to the far corner of the room to run a few wires. She said she had to quickly shovel everything to one side of the room so the man could do his job.
Now for the killer...Before I left I had noticed a few gnats flying around the house and had not found the source. I had some fruit on the counter and figured that had something to do with it. Well, Nana decided to help me out by making sure the kids backpacks were ready for school. She opened Abbey's backpack and out came a swarm of gnats! Abbey had left a banana in her backpack and it had been in there since school let out....in MAY!!! Nana quickly shut the backpack and ran outside, opened it and out came the rest of the swarm. GROOOSSSSS! Now I probably would have tossed the backpack, but Mom cleaned it out. As Abbey would say "She Rocks!"
Now all that happened before I got home. After I got home she helped all the kids clean their rooms. We had an embarrassingly large amount of trash on the sidewalk this morning.
Thanks so much Mom! I love you and miss you already. (By the way, Lauren did finally get her room cleaned up again!)
We love you Nana and we will miss you!!
2 comments:
I threw away a rotten banana today and thought of you. ;)
Good job Nana! Bless your heart!
Post a Comment