Thursday, July 3, 2008

Thanks for Praying!

I really do believe that God brought us to New Jersey for today. Jim preached at the funeral and I mean he really preached. His Aunt Clare had many problems, but last time we were here in NJ he had the chance to talk to her about Jesus and He really believes that she had made a decision to follow Christ. The funeral was filled with people who were familiar with Jesus through the Catholic church, but didn't really know Jesus. Jim was able to preach a sermon that helped people really see that there is a difference in knowing about God and really knowing Jesus personally. The one response he got over and over is, "how do you know God like you do?" Jim or as his family calls him, Jimmy, was the only one that could have preached this sermon because he was one of them. Satan really has pulled a fast one over so many of these people. They have been taught about Jesus through "the church" but never led to a salvation knowledge of Him. It was like what Jim was saying was completely foreign to them...a relationship...more than Sunday...who does that?

We played the song by Casting Crowns Praise You in This Storm and not one person in the room had even heard the song before. His cousin asked where we had found it, she didn't even know Christian radio existed. I know you Southerners and Mid Westerners really can't even imagine what Jim came out of...I have been married to him for almost 14 years now and every time I come back to NJ I am amazed God brought him out of this place. It is a place filled with lost people. We have seen one tiny Baptist church, one church of God, 2 Presbyterian churches and about 15 Catholic churches. And believe me we have driven all over NJ this week! Please keep his family in continued prayer. Clare leaves behind two sons who are in their early 20's and several other relatives. Please pray God would change their hearts and bring Christians into their lives. Thanks for praying my friends... God meant for us to be here this week and I praise Him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God!

Anonymous said...

PTL and BTW, we miss all of you!