Friday, November 28, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Today seems like the longest day ever. We, and when I say we I mean Abbey, Emma, Jim and I, got up and began this Black Friday shopping at Wal-Mart. Normally I would go alone, but Jim was interested in a television, which he successfully hunted down and captured. I think he likes refering to it as hunting because it makes him feel better about the fact that he actually enjoys SHOPPING! After the craziness at Wal-mart we went to Meijer, Menards and Micheals and finally ended the shopping (hunting) extraviganza with a free breakfast at Chick-fi-a. Jim also hunted down a wii...yes I finally gave in... and it has been played the entire day by one kid or another! I came hope for a short nap and then picked up Lauren at Nana Kathy's to take her out for a shopping spree, she had $100 in gift cards for Kohl's and Toys! She had a great time and got boots, a camera with a case, lotions and potions, a cross necklace and footy pjs (which she said she has always wanted! Who knew!)


After that we drug out all our Christmas decorations and decorated to the lovely sounds of John Denver and the Muppets (my personal favorite Christmas CD!)



To cool for the Santa hat!

While the rest of us were busy decorating in other areas of the house, Josiah got a hold of some lights and did his own decorating!

Jim is now challenging me to a game of golf on the Wii and then tommorrow it is off to "hunt" down the perfect Christmas tree!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Josiah's must have got his decorating technique from his dad.