Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Lauren's Room

Lauren is not known to be the cleanest person in our house. In fact she is a messy through and through. But yesterday, I have to say her room was the messiest that I have ever seen it. I thought I would share a little bit of the conversation that happened in our house yesterday.

Mom: "Lauren, you are not allowed out of your room, you are not allowed to watch TV, and you are not allowed to play with any friends until your room is clean." (This was said in the most loving manner.)

Lauren: "I Caaaaannnn't do it. It is tooooooooo messsssy and anyway I am sure Josiah messed it up while I was at school" (Imagine major whining.)

Mom: "Lauren you may either go to bed right now (6:30) or you may clean your room."

Lauren: "I'm really tired I think I will go to bed."

I guess my ultimatum didn't work out the way I had planned. She went to her room and was asleep by 6:35.

She is in her room "cleaning" right now as I am typing this. We'll see if it get's clean. I'm not holding my breath. Here is a "before" picture, just in case by some miracle it does get clean.




4 comments:

Heidi said...

On the edge of my chair waiting for the "after" photo......

Becky said...

Oh my goodness....I'm surprised she even found her way to her bed.

Painter el Cinco said...

Next up...Jim has to sleep in his truck until it's clean :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow... that is amazing. I have seen that room in my house! How did you do that? Did you come to my house and secretly photograph my kids rooms? That isn't kind. Can't wait to see the new improved room.