Tuesday, June 3, 2008

8 Days and Counting

What do a group of 5-10 year olds sound like singing in Spanish...really really fast Spanish? You got it....complete silence, that is, until they get to the last word "son" and that they can sing really loud. So after singing 'para el valiente, debil, pobre y fuerte son las bruena nuevas que al mundo traen salvacion" over and over and over and over again an executive decision was made to sing only English . The kids seemed relieved and the parents seemed a little relieved too! We have a great group of kiddos and I know that they will do a great job! They had their parts down perfectly by the end of the night. Hopefully the promise of an ice cream cone (with ice cream in it! That was a concern they had!) will help them to keep their hands to their sides, their fingers out of their noses and their hands off of their neighbors heads! Parents thank you so much for letting your kids be involved in this! It is going to be a blast! And Travis we can't wait to sing with you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the stipulation that the cone had to have ice cream in it. So cute! What is all the rehearsal for? If you posted it previously, I'm just forgetting. If not, well do tell.

Sarah said...

The Southern Baptist National Convention is here in Indy next week. Thousands of Baptists will be here. On Wednesday night the International Mission Board is presenting and Travis Cottrell (a well known Chrisitain artist) will be singing a song and I am getting a group of kids ready to sing behind him. I'll take some pictures! No worries!

Anonymous said...

I am definately one parent who was a little concerned about the spanish part. I just got a blank stare from Kara.