Monday, June 9, 2008
Jim and a Table Full of Women
I was given two tickets to the WMU (Women's Missionary Union) dinner with Frank Page (Jen, Frank is the Southern Baptist President). So being a thoughful loving wife I asked my husband to go with me. He was concerned about it being the WMU and asked me to make sure there would be other men there. I asked and was assured we would be sitting with other men Jim knew....so he agreed to go. We were unable to sit at the table we thought we would be at, but there were still plenty of men in the room so we looked for table #26. When I saw table #26 I laughed...actually some around me called it cackling, I just thought it was plain funny. It was a table full of elderly WMU ladies with two spots open...one for me and one for Jim. They loved on Jim. Asking him question after question and then one little lady asked Jim if he would like her left overs...she just hated to see food go to waste! Our God has such a great sense of humor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You know, Jim's always a hit with the over 60 female crowd. :)
Ha Ha!
I am suer that once he got extra food, he dod not care where he sat.
spill chick kium
I realized the mistake as soon as I hit submit. Comments do not have spell check. Give me a break, I am just a teacher.
Post a Comment