Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Your Favorite Worship Song

I love Jesus and I love to worship Him. I love the privilege I have to pick out worship songs for us to sing at Hope every Sunday morning. But, there are some weeks that I just want to know what you all are thinking! What is your very favorite hymn or worship song? Is there a song we haven't done for a while that you just wish we would do again? Comments, people, I want comments!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

A hymn called "Be Still My Soul" is one of my very favorites. Do you have that one in your books? Also have always loved, "How Great Thou Art".

Anonymous said...

"Better is One Day"; that Third Day song we sing; that song that we first sang at the fall women's retreat; In Christ Alone; Victory In Jesus(southern style:)
I'm sure I will think of some more!:)

Anonymous said...

Obviously, I can't remember all the names of the songs, but I will think of more.

Anonymous said...

I am free

That one we did Sunday when men and women sing different parts

Anything Toby Mac or Skillet? Just kidding. I know not great group singing music.

I will keep thinking.

Heidi said...

Anything that features the keyboard :) --Kidding

Mighty to Save
I am Free

I'm also partial to the ones with rockin' guitar intros where I can jump in and play fast and loud.

You are Good
You, You are God

Then I'm also a sucker for a key change

Worthy is the Lamb
Alive, Forever, Amen

When it comes down to it...anything but Rescue! HA! :)

Anonymous said...

"Because he lives" is one of our favoirites. We would LOVE to sing that one before we left for GA hint hint! (southern style of course) Any of the old hymns (Blessed Assurance, How Great thou Art, Victory in Jesus) Thanks sooo much for asking!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I like all of the ones Heidi mentioned too. Except I don't know rescue.

Heather P... Washed in the Blood southern style is "WORSHED in the bluuuddd."

"Get out of my way" translated to North Carolinaian is "Biiiiiii(bye)"

Painter el Cinco said...

I do believe "Woorched" is a southern Illinois term. We'uns from the south say "wash" real normal like.

Nog

Sarah....please make it anything in B flat....I love that key. (the preceding statement was sarcasm, please do not pick a song in B flat)

Painter el Cinco said...

North Carolinians also tend to use Sunscreen :-)

Jen said...

you know what song I love!

Anonymous said...

I don't know, Jen!
Tell! Tell!

Kim said...

Wwll, mine is "SHOUT to the Lord" nedd I say more!

Anonymous said...

My favorite is the the song that goes this: Oh nna na na na nana na na ever move- oh I'm singing it!