I was reading Josiah a book on blue whales today and I guess I never really realized exactly how big they really are. A few facts for you....When we think of an elephant we think...really big right? Did you know a bull elephant could stand on the tongue of a blue whale? The Blue whale is the largest animal that has ever lived even compared to the largest
dinosaur. Blue whales grow to be about 80 feet long on average, weighing about 120 tons. The largest specimen found was a female 94 feet long weighing more 174 tons.

The largest of the blue whales has a heart that weighs about 1,000 pounds and is about the size of a
Volkswagon bug car. A human could swim through the aorta (a major blood vessel). It's fins would reach from the floor to the ceiling of a house. That is one
humongous creature! They are an endangered species and there are only about 15,000 of them alive today. Wow! Josiah said, "That whale sure is big, but God is bigger!"
2 comments:
Out of the mouth of babes.
Amen Josiah, Amen.
But I'm a kitchen nazi that gave you sodas and let you eat icing until you were sick. :)
Post a Comment