Saturday, June 21, 2008
Garage Sale Was Once Again a Bust
I must be the world's worst garage saler. Diane has a garage sale...makes hundreds of dollars. Angie has a garage sale and she, April and Kelly all make two hundred or more. I, on the other hand, have a garage sale and make fifty buckaroos. A little history will be entertaining for you. Last summer I took a few things to a friend's garage sale...she made $500 and I made $30. Two years ago I made $55. I suppose I could console myself with the fact that I was having a sale so that the kids could sell their kool-aid at the cute kool-aid stand. It wasn't about making money...it was about teaching the kids to appreciate money and learn the value of money..right? Or I could just be honest with myself and own up to the fact that I have a bunch of JUNK! Oh well, the kids did have a lot of fun and they sold about $30 worth of pop, kool-aid and kettlecorn. The kettlecorn was a huge hit. If anyone is having a garage sale anytime soon the Bohrer's may not be able to have a successful garage sale...but we can do your concessions!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Snicker...Snicker :) I'm telling you, the kids had better goods!
I'll give you 55 bucks to take our garage sale stuff away.
Post a Comment