Monday, May 12, 2008

Bike for the Border


Hope Community Church Youth group put on the Bike for the Border this past Saturday to earn money for their mission trip to Mexico this summer. So...we decided to try to conquer this 10 mile madness as a family (minus Josiah he was at a birthday party). Lauren and I had been in training for the past few weeks and she had riden seven consecutive miles. She was determined, however, that she would be able to make the 10 miles.


She gave a valient effort and completed 4 miles. I don't know about you, but for a five year old I think that is a great accomplishment. She even conquered a few hills that I saw an adult or two walk up (I won't mention your names!)
Abbey pooped out at the halfway point with her two buddies Aaron and Bryson. Emma made it the entire 10 miles, I think she was the only kiddo to complete all 10. She was very proud of herself.....

And Mom and Dad are pretty proud of her too!!! GREAT JOB EMMA!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you kids don't know me but I am friends with your Mom. We went to school together. I think your Mom is awesome and I treasure her friendship, it is a considered blessing. I have met your Dad on a couple of occasions and he is a good man. We like him, too. Anyway, great job on the bike ride. Any time people learn of Jesus, it is a good thing, in my book. Although we believe different things, we believe in Jesus and love him very much. You did a good thing for a good cause. Way to go!

Tisha Alexander said...

Wow, that is a great job!! TEN miles is a lot. See you tonight.

Kim said...

Way to go Emma!! What determination. I was with all of you in heart. At least my rearend isn't sore.