Monday, May 19, 2008

This is for you!

After talking with some of my blogging buddies I was informed that my past few blogs have been too sugary sweet...with all the twirling in the flowers and holding my sweet Lauren's hand (which all really was very true and wonderful by the way). But in order to keep my readership (you know my 5 friends) I suppose I need to throw in a picture of what we are normally like. Most of you know us like this:


Speaking of crazy, guess what I came home to today???? A clean house? No. A big check in the mail? No. Four smiling children? No. Dinner ready on the table? No not that either. I came home to Abbey saying, "Mommy look what we found! Daddy said we could keep it!!!" No!!!!!!!! Stop the madness!!!!!! Another animal is going to throw me over the edge!!!!!! How many exclamation points did I just use??? It wasn't enough!!!!!!!!

It seems that while Jim was mowing the lawn today (remember the jungle behind our house?), he and the kids found a bunny that had been abandoned by its' mother. Now my question is "how in the world do they know it had been abandoned?" I am absolutely positive the Mother was coming back. What kind of mother leaves her baby to fend for itself, especially in the Bohrer Forest. What is a mother to do? Am I really so mean as to throw the bunny out to the wolves? Look at the children's faces.....


Look at the bunnies face....

He is kind of cute after all.....

10 comments:

Painter el Cinco said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Painter el Cinco said...

I need a refresher on all the Bohrer animals...:

1 Rabbit
2? guinea pigs
1 deaf cat
1-2 normal cat(s)?
fish?
elephant's?

that's a lot of poop...who cleans it all up?

Heidi said...

STOP THE MADNESS!!! PLEASE FOR THE LOVE....STOP THE ANIMAL MADNESS!! Thanks for sticking your tongues out and posting it. Ahhh.....I feel better now. :)

Hey, El Cinco, you forgot the turtle that makes appearances at soccer games.

Anonymous said...

Have you thought about a donkey? I hear they are great little pets.

Sarah said...

Been there done that, but you know that!

Anonymous said...

Sarah, You know I have a couple pets in my house and I don't think we have missed much, but rabbits were with out a doubt the nastiest pets we fostered!!

BTW, I had a wild rabbit growing up. It actually lived and came back to visit me at the edge of the woods for two years after I set it free. Its name was Megan.

If you really still feel the need for more pets, I think some more GP are on the way.

Lastly, The first picture is not what you look like, well, maybe you, Abbey and Josiah, but that is the first time I haven't seen a smile on Lauren's face... what did you do to her???

Kim said...

How about a goat? It would be another pet and help keep your forest under control.

Kim said...

By the way, I want to know who are not your blogging friends. I count 7-Heather, Heidi, Diane, Becky, Dacia, Kim(that's me), and Jenn.

Tisha Alexander said...

Listen... if you ever want MORE animals. I have 2 cats that drive me up a wall, so please let me know!! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh! Poor bunny! Thank heavens, what happend? You must of kept it 'till it was a adult! You are a good mother!