Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Bohrer Baby Bunny Update

I know many of you are curious to know what happened to the baby bunny. After researching online I discovered that only 1 out of 10 baby bunnies survive more than a week in captivity and very few baby bunnies are really abandoned, most of the time the Mommy comes back at night to get them. I think I remember saying that the Mommy wouldn't abandoned it's baby.... Anyway I presented Abbey with all of the newly found information and told her she needed to make a decision about what to do with the bunny. She went upstairs and held the bunny for a while. Then she came downstairs holding the bunny and cried for about 30 minutes. Then she took the bunny and placed him outside where she found it and stood at the window for about 30 more minutes crying and crying. And do you know what...that bunny stayed in that spot for four hours without moving. Abbey went back to the window and checked on it about every 20 minutes. Finally, thank goodness, that Mommy came back and took the baby with her, back to their happy little home, far far away from the Bohrer forest.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love happy endings. Even though it was sad for Abbey, I'll bet she is happier knowing the bunny is with it's Mommy. What a grown up decision she made. Way to go Abbey!

Tisha Alexander said...

Oh wow... what a "grown up" thing for Abbey to do! You must be so proud of her. Does she want to be a vet when she grows up?

Heidi said...

Thus peace and balance was restored to the Bohrer household...until Lauren came home from Awana with her new "friend".

I'm just glad I wasn't upstairs so I can't get any of the blame. :)

Anonymous said...

Enjoy Tigger!! I will see if we can find a Pooh as big as him at garage sales tomorrow!!

I am proud of how brave you were Abbey!!

Kim said...

Abby, I am very proud of your "grown-up" decision. As for Tigger, I had nothing to do with it-he was donated.

Unknown said...

I was hoping dad could have made some bunny stew while they were out there. A little oregano, a dash of cayenne... yummmmmmy.... bunny stew!